January 29, 2011

Cricut Cork

I've been wanting a die cut machine for a little over 2 years now, but was always afraid to take the plunge and get one, for fear of getting the wrong one.  I mean, it's quite an investment, and I didn't want to regret my final decision.  For months, I've been debating between these two items:


Cricut Expression

The Slice by Memory Makers

Well, I finally made a decision, and ended up getting the CRICUT EXPRESSION!  I think I made the right choice.  I love how you can create the images up to 25 inches in height.  I've been doing some searching on ebay, and you can get some pretty awesome cartridges for some pretty awesome prices on there.  

Do any of you have a slice and/or a cricut expression?  I'd love to hear your take on either/or in a comment below!

Thought I'd share with you one of my first projects I made with my new toy.  I've been trying to organize all of my scrapbook items in my scrapbook space so that I can finally GET to scrapping!  Of course, I had to create a little somthin' somethin' to get me more organized.....story of my life..... always procrastinating organizing, never scrapping!

Here are some boring, plain, not very easy on the eyes, bulletin boards:



I finally figured out how to create letters on my cricut to give the shadow effect.  I used black cardstock for the shadow color, and red cardstock for the top letter:
 
 
 
 
I had an Uppercase Living saying on my Ikea shelves with  a red flower in the middle.  I thought I'd carry that over to the bulletin boards by cutting out a black shadow flower, followed by the red one on top.  You can see those flowers better in the above 2 pictures.
 


The left board will be used for all the scrapbook contests and design team calls I am interested in participating in.  After printing out the information I need, I can then post it on the 'Contests' board.
 
The right board will be used for various color patterns, sketches, or anything that I can find that inspires me, hence the 'Inspiration' title.


Now, you would THINK that I'm organized enough now to actually START scrapping.  Do any of you out there have the same problem I have??  Too much messing around, and not enough scrapping around??  I'd love to hear that I'm not alone in my quest to be a better scrapper by constantly improving my scrap space, and yet never actually scrapping.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it, Hayley! Those are awesome! I always wondered how they worked, but you are right.. $$$. Great being back in touch :)

    ReplyDelete